21 Sep White Label Records from David Bowie, Clapton & more go up for auction
A lot of ultra rare White Label vinyl records will be auctioned off in commemoration of National Album Day. David Bowie, Liam Gallagher, Eric Clapton, Arctic Monkeys and Foals are basically some of the artists who will have their records as part of the lot.
These White Label records are test pressings created by recording studios. Made in order to ensure the best sound quality on a new vinyl production. In fact, it is called a White Label record because there is no sleeve/label artwork at this stage. Of course, such White Label records are often sought after by collectors as these first-off-the-press copies are typically checked by artists and their representatives. Moreover, only 5 or 10 copies are ever produced per release.
This auction is held for the purpose of raising funds to support the work of music industry charity The BRIT Trust. The BRIT Trust is a charity that promotes education and well being through music. To point out, the auction will place on the 5th of October at Omega Auctions’ Merseyside base, and will be streamed online. Then, National Album day takes place a week later on 12th October. Omega Auctions specialize in music memorabilia and vinyl. For example previously they have sold Elvis Presley’s personal copy of The Bible, Paul McCartney’s English school book, and an early David Bowie reel-to-reel tape. Finally, have a look below at the current list of records that have been listed for the auction.
White Label Record List
1. David Bowie – David Bowie (Decca)
2. The Who – My Generation
3. Dusty Springfield – Dusty in Memphis
4. The Specials – The Specials (Signed)
5. Eric Clapton – Slowhand
1. Ed Sheeran – No.6 Collaborations Project (Signed)
2. Liam Gallagher – As You Were
3. Coldplay – The Butterfly Package (Signed)
4. Paul Weller – Stanley Road
5. Arctic Monkeys – Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino
6. Kylie Minogue – Step Back in Time
7. Foals – Everything Lost Will Not Be Saved Part 1
8. Anna Calvi – Hunter
9. Mark Ronson – Late Night Feelings
The full auction catalog consists of 300 white label LP test pressings. The entire list will be live in due time over here.