29 Dec Call Me By Your Name Soundtrack gets deluxe new edition vinyl release
The original soundtrack for the film Call Me By Your Name is finally getting the deluxe edition treatment it deserves this Valentines Day.
Call Me By Your Name, the film by Luca Guadagnino, is a sensual and transcendent tale of first love. It is based on the acclaimed novel by André Aciman. During the summer of 1983 in Northern Italy, an American-Italian is enamoured by an American student who comes to study and live with his family. Together they share an unforgettable summer full of music, food, and romance that will forever change them.
Preview to the soundtrack below.
Sufjan Stevens’ first feature film contribution
Guadagnino found himself resonating with Sufjan Stevens’ lyricism through his work. He got Stevens to record an original song to be in the film. But by the time the soundtrack was completed, Stevens contributed not one but a total of three songs to film! The popular “Mystery of Love” which was featured in the film’s first trailer. A new piano rendition of “Futile Devices” and “Visions of Gideon”, the track used at the end of the film. Stevens penned the songs by drawing inspiration from the script, the book, and the conversations he had with the director about the characters. Call Me By Your Name marks Sufjan Stevens’ first ever soundtrack contribution for a feature film.
This release is a limited edition run of 10,000 individually numbered copies on transparent red vinyl. The package includes both a poster and an insert, while the 180 gram records are housed in 2 exclusive printed inner-sleeves. It comes in time to celebrate the release of Find Me. André Aciman’s brand new novel and sequel to Call Me By Your Name.
The record comes out on 14/2/2020 so make your way here as soon as possible to secure a copy. Then check out the artwork and track list below.
1. Hallelujah Junction – 1st movement – John Adams
2. M.A.Y. in the Backyard – Ryuichi Sakamoto
3. J’adore Venise – Loredana Bertè
4. Paris Latino – Bandolero
1. Sonatine bureaucratique – Frank Glazer
2. “Zion hört die Wächter singen” – Alessio Bax
3. Lady Lady Lady – Giorgio Moroder & Joe Esposito
1. Une barque sur l’océan – André Laplante
2. Futile Devices (Doveman Remix) – Sufjan Stevens
3. Germination – Ryuichi Sakamoto
4. Words – F.R. David
5. È la vita – Marco Armani
1. Mystery of Love – Sufjan Stevens
2. Radio Varsavia – Franco Battiato
3. Love My Way – The Psychedelic Furs
4. Le jardin féerique – Valéria Szervánszky & Ronald Cavaye
5. Visions of Gideon – Sufjan Stevens